1. I grew up in Minnesota, and to this day, Dairy Queen remains one of my all-time favorite food groups.
2. Before we had even met, I used to watch my husband, Jeremiah Brent, on The Rachel Zoe Project and wish I had hair as perfect as his.
3. My first car was a Saab; I was 18 and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
4. I recently hosted a vintage jewelry sale at my friend Irene Neuwirth’s store in L.A. If I wasn’t an interior designer, that’s what I would love to do.
5. I travel all the time and never check luggage. It saves me a ton of time. I’ve got packing down to a science.
6. My husband and I got engaged in Peru.
7. I’m a double Virgo and obsessed with organization. My idea of perfect joy is in the pantry or linen closet with a label maker.
8. My dream design project would be a super elegant version of Narnia for the Obama family, dogs included.
9. I read a lot — at least two books a week. I just started a monthly roundup of my favorites on NateBerkus.com.
10. I’ve had my design firm for 21 years. How is it possible for me to be old enough to have had a company for that long?
11. I binged Downton Abbey. That house and those one-liners are priceless!
12. My grandfather was a pilot during World War II.
13. My husband and I have a rescue dog named Tucker, and we take any opportunity we can to support the cause. PAWS, a no-kill shelter in Chicago, should be a model for the country.
14. My 2-year-old daughter, Poppy, is obsessed with American Girl dolls. I used to walk by the store and think, “Those poor parents.” Now I’m one of them.
15. I lived in Paris for a year and speak French.
16. I’m the reigning diaper king in the Brent-Berkus household!
17. My collection at The Shade Store was inspired by my travels. I bring textiles back from everywhere I go.
18. I’m obsessed with Realtor.com. It’s a problem.
19. Rachael Ray has tried to teach me to cook about 100 times. I still can’t boil an egg.
20. As a teenager I worked at the National Sports Collectors Convention, which my father cofounded, and met all the star athletes of the ’80s.
21. I have a fear of heights. And snakes.
22. I’ve been going to the Alisal Ranch in Solvang, California, every summer for 30 years.
23. I am very impatient. I hate waiting.
24. I have serious karaoke skills and once sang Warren G’s “Regulate” onstage at a Target corporate event.
25. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” I live by this Dr. Maya Angelou quote. Thanks, Oprah!
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!
For the latest celebrity entertainment, news and lifestyle videos, subscribe to Us Weekly’s YouTube Page!